Good morning and Happy new week friends.. Here is my 4th guest post by Mrs. Banu Velendra. she has an aromatic fish curry recipe. Hope you all like it and will try your hands on it....
About the guest :
Mrs.Banu Velendra is from Bangalore. She has 2 sons. At Present sheis settled in Chennai. She is a Rotarian and is keen on doing lots of social serviceto the piir and needy. cooking is her passion,She loves to try new dishes.
Thanks aunty for accepting to write a guest post. Banu Aunty is also a friend of mine from Fb from a food group . We had a good time at Mahamuhra restaurant when we met for the first time.. Thanks aunty..
Coming to the recipe:
- Cleaned Fish - 1/2 kg
- Pepper corns - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Onion 1 big cubed
- Tomato - 2 nos
- Chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder 1/4 tsp
- Oil for seasoning
- Garlic flakes a few
- Curry leaves a few
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Coconut milk - thick milk 1/2 cup, thin 1/2 cup
- Soak tamarind ( size of big lime ) in little water, extract thick pulp & keep aside
- Mustard eeds
- Fenugreek seeds
- Cumin seeds
- Asafoedita - 1/2 tsp
- Grind onion, pepper corns , jeera , garlic flakes , curry leaves , chilly powder, coriander powder , turmeric powder , curry leaves, salt & tomatoes to a fine paste .
- Keep a tawa on the stove & add little oil . Season with mustard seeds , little hing , fenugreek seeds, cumin & Saute it .
- Now add the ground masala & saute well till the raw flavour goes.
- Then add the tamarind pulp & bring to a boil . Now add the thin coconut milk . Once the curry starts boiling , slowly add the fish .
- Do not stir too much at this stage . Once the fish is cooked, slowly add the thick coconut milk .
- Dont overboil, Off the stove , pour the curry in a serving bowl slowly & add coriander leaves on top .
Your Fish Curry is ready . Serve with hot rice .