Wishing all my friends a very happy tamil new year.. i have been little busy and lazy in blogging. I must make sure that i regularly post dishes here. I have been exploring baking cakes and cookies as well. Recently have tried few new dishes. There were failures too. But rectifiable. Today’s dish is with egg. Suddenle tried this simple dish and it was an instant hit. Basic masala , most of you might have tried. But i gave it a try and my family, guests who came home and my dad loved it when i made for them. Try and leave your feedback.
Goes well with sambar rice, rasam rice and even curd rice.
- Egg- 4
- Onion - 1 large
- Tomato - 1 small
- Capsicum- half
- Sambar powder - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Mustard seeds - for tempering
- Wash and boil the egg. Cut into halves or quarters however you prefer.
- In a pan, add oil. Temper mustard seeds, curry leaves.
- Add the finely chopped onions, roast them until dark brown. Fry well which will enhance the taste of this dish.
- Add the chopped tomato, saute well.
- Add the finely chopped capsicum, fry them along with onion and tomato.
- Add salt ,turmeric powder and sambar powder. Stir well.
- Close and cook until it becomes mushy.
- Add the sliced eggsand mix well allng with the masala.let it roast nicely.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and garnish.