Good morning to all my friends.. Here is my 5th guest post by Mrs. Mily raghupathy. She has an innovative and healthy recipe. This time its millet special here.. The dish sounds super simple and yummy.
About the guest:
Mrs. Mily is currently a homemaker. She was working earlier. She has 2 kids. She purued her education in andhra, tamil Nadu and Bihar. Now she is settled in Chennai.Her native is Kerala. her passion is Gardening.
Thanks mily akka for having accepting to write a guest post for me.. its indeed a wonderful recipe with side dish. Thanks for your efforts. She is a friend of mine from a foodie group from FB.
coming to the recipe:
- Ragi - 1 cup
- Thinai aka foxtail millet - 2 cups
- Idly rice - 1 cup
- Black Urad dal - 1 cup
- Fenugreek seeds - 2 tsp
- Soak millets and rice together for 2 to 3 hours and soak urad dal with fenugreek separately for the same time . ( I have used black urad dal, You can also substitute with normal urad dal without skin)
- Grind Dal and millets separately like we do for normal Idly batter , mix it together add salt and ferment it overnight or for 7 to 8 hours .
- Heat the idly cooker and grease the idly plates with oil and fill the idly plates with the batter.
- Steam it like you keep it for regular idlies for 7-10 mins.
- You will get nice pluffy idlis
Peanut Chuney :
Ingredients for peanut chutney :
- Raw peanuts [ 1 cup
- Desiccated coconut - 3/4 cup
- Red chillies - 3-4
- Green chilly -1
- Garlic ( optional) - 1 clove
- A small pc of tamarind ( optional)
- Salt as needed
- Mustard, urad dal and curry leaves for tempering - 1 tsp each
- Oil - 1 tsp
- In a pan ,dry roast peanuts and remove the husk.
- In the same pan add a drop of oil and roast all the other ingredients.
- Mix together the peanuts and other roasted items and grind to a fine paste .
- Temper it with mustard , curry leaves and urad dal .
Serve it with the yummy Idly!