Summer and heat never reduces here. At home we all are rose milk fans. In childhood my mom used to make rose syrup and store in refrigerator. I have never tried my hands on it. but long time since its pending in my blog. I just made the syrup and stored in my refrigerator now. Happy me. We can make a lot of recipes using this single syrup. I have already made rose kheer, rose palkozhukkattai, rose Peda, Rose milk and also rose popsicle can be made.
Ingredients for making Rose Syrup:
- Sugar - 2 cups
- Water - 1 cup
- Rose essence - 1 -2 tsp
- Rose colour - 1 tsp
- In a heavy bottomed pan, add the sugar , water.
- Allow it to dissolve and boil it.
- The consistency for the syrup is inbetween one string consistence and sticky.
- Add the colour when its boiling well. The process will take about 15-20 mins.
- Switch off when you attain the consistency.
- Add the essence after switching off.
Store in a bottle or container in the refrigerator.
Recipe for rose milk :
- Milk - 1 glass
- Rose syrup - 2 -3 tsp
- Mix the milk and syrup and serve chilled.