Good morning friends. today we go with a side dish recipe using egg. This egg masala is a different recipe compared to the other recipes, it gives a unique flavor to the masala. My mom used to make this thokku very often. It can be done without egg as well. We can add poached egg also in this. Vegetarians can also add tofu, paneer, mushroom in this masala. Yesterday night I made this thokku for chapathies. My hubby who shouted no tomato thokku , finished the entire pan of masala. Its not going to be regular thakkali thokku type. enjoy and try this flavorful thokku.
- Egg - 4 boiled
- Onion - 2 finely chopped
- Tomato ripe ones - 2 finely chopped
- Coriander leaves - for garnishing
- Cumin seed powder - 3 tsp
- Chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds - 1 tsp
- Boil the egg and cut into halves and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter fenugreek seeds.
- Add the chopped onions and fry them well till it becomes translucent.
- Add the cumin powder, chilly powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- Add the chopped tomatoes as well. close and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add required amount of water you need and add the egg pieces.
- Close and cook for 10 mins for the thokku to blend well with egg.
- Switch off when the oil comes out.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.