Vazhaikkai podi is a recipe which I learnt from Mr.Venkatesh Bhat from his program Samyal Samayal in Vijay TV, It was so appetizing and a different recipe using raw banana . We can also make this powder and store it for 2-3 days. Definitely it gives a different taste . It can be kept for lunch box . I served it with suttapplam. To give it a try and write to me.
- Heat a pan, dry roast , bengal gram, urad dal 1 tbsp,toor dal,red chilly,coriander seeds and keep it aside. Grind it into a coarse powder with salt..
- Pressure cook the banana with little turmeric powder and salt for 3 whistles and peel the skin. shred the raw banana into small crumbs and keep it aside.
- Heat the pan, add ghee ,splutter mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves and asafoedita.
- In a bowl keep the cooked rice and add 2 tsp of ghee, add the shredded raw banana, tempered mustard seeds mixture and the coarsely ground masala powder to it.
- Mix well and keep it for sometime.
Relish it with chips or suttappalam or any fried dishes! Yummy it is!