Lovely Payasam Made often by my Paati.
- Moong dal - half cup
- Gram dal - 1 tsp
- Jaggery - 3/4th - 1 cup
- Milk - 2 cups
- Cardamom powder
- Coconut grated - 1 tsp
- Heat a tsp of ghee in a pressure pan, fry the moong dal and gram dal in simmer for 5 mins.Do not overcook, it may burn the dal. Switch off when the aroma from moong dal appears and raw smell vanishes.
- Add a cup of water to the dal and pressure cook it for about 4-5 whistles.
- Meanwhile boil milk in another vessel and keep it boiling in simmer to become thick.
- Mix the jaggery in half cup of water.strain he impure particles and keep aside.
- When the Pressure is released. Open the cooker the mix the cooked dal.
- Add he jaggery water to the dal and allow it cook till the raw smell of jaggery vanishes and they mix well together.
- Add the milk and cardamom powder to it and allow it to boil once.
- Heat ghee in a pan, fry the cashews separately and coconut separately.
- Garnish the coconut and cshews before serving.
Yummy mouthwatering kheer is now ready to be served for neivedhyam.
Linking to Feast of sacrifice By Asiya
Linking to: Favorite Recipes: Vegetarian RecipesLinking to Feast for Guru by Viji