I tried this Maida Mullu thenkuzhal for navarathri neivedhyam. It came out really well. very easy and tasty recipe...
Moving on to recipe:
- Maida - 1 cup
- Butter - 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds or sesame seeds - 2 tsp
- Oil for frying
- Take maida and place it ina cloth/ idly cloth. Keep in steamer for 10- 12 mins.
- Transfer it into a plate spread it and allow it to dry for 2 hrs.
- Sieve the dried flour. If you find any lumps or small balls, you can knead it with your hands and sieve it.
- Add the maida, cumin seeds, salt asafoedita and butter and knead it into a soft dough using water. ------>
- Split the dough into parts and fill into the murukku press.
- I have chosen star mould for mullu thenkuzhal. ---------------->
- Take a ladle and press the mould onto the ladle and make into murukku shape. ------------------>
- Heat a pan of oil, place the ladle into the hot oil. Murukku will slowly drift inside the oil. place it till it goes into oil by itself.
- Drain it and store it in a air tight container.
Crispy and crunchy Thenkuzhal is now ready
Linking to First anniversary
Linking to Hubby's Delight
Give Me Some Snacks by Pari