Shrimp Biryani is today's special. This recipe may seem to be lengthier. It was damn tasty. Everyone of you must try it. I loved it thoroughly.
- Prawns - 500 gms
- Lemon juice - 1
- Turmeric powder
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Curd/ Yoghurt - 1 cup
- Mix all the above ingredients for an hour.
For Rice :
- Basmathi Rice - 2 cups ( Soaked for 20 mins)
- Water - 4 cups
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Salt - as required (for Rice alone)
- Cook the rice till it is 85 % done. Drain it and keep it aside.
- Fennel powder - 2 tsp
- Cinnamon powder- 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder - 2 tsp
- Mint leaves - one handful
- Coriander leaves - one handful
- Green Chilly - 4 chopped
- Coriander powder - 2 tbsp
- Cloves - 2
- Red chilly - 2
- Poppy seeds - 1 tbsp
- Cardamom seeds - 5 pods
- Peppercorns - 10
Method to grind:
- First start from leaves, add mint leaves and coriander leaves.
- Add green chillies, break the red chilllies and add to it. Grind it.
- Add all the powders and seeds to it.grind the mixture.
- A wonderful minced masala is ready.
- Onions - 3 big
- Tomatoes - 2
- yellow Colour - 2 tsp( mixed in little water.
- Heat oil in a pan, Add the onions and fry them for 15 mnins till it becomes dark brown.
- Take little fried onions and keep it aside.
- Add little more oil to the left onion in the pan. Add tomatoes to it.
- after the tomatoes become mushy, add the minced masala to it. Stir it well.
- add the prawns marinated into the pan. Cook till the prawns are cooked well.
- Switch it on when the mixtur is done.
- In an empty vessel, add little rice at the bottom. Add the Prawn masala on top of it.
- Add the remaining rice on top of it and spread .
- Add little yellow colour on top of the rice and sprinkle and garnish with the fried onions.( below Picture)
Stir it from below before serving.
Yummilicious Biryani, No one can resist it..
So why wait? Try it today !
Linking to Feast of sacrifice By Asiya