Ammini kozhukkattai , most delicious snack made for ganesh Chathurthi... I used to do this with my Patti in childhood days.
- Rice flour - 1 cup
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Oil - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Mustard seeds
- Urad dal
- Red chilly
- Curry leaves
- Idly Podi - 3 tbsp
- Heat a pan, add water and 1 teaspoon of oil and a pinch of salt.
- When the water starts to boil, add rice flour.
- Mix the rice flour and when it is mixed remove from flame.
- The rice flour will not mix nicely with water. It will be like a wet flour.
- Take the mixed rice flour in a bowl, and cover it with a plate for 5 to 10 mins.
- After 10 mins, take the kozhukattai flour and knead it nicely with 1 teaspoon of oil and little warm water.
- Add Idly podi o this kneaded rice flour.
- Make small balls out of the flour like seedai.
- Steam it in idli plates for about 5 minutes.
- Remove it . Heat oil in a pan, temper mustard seeds , urad dal, curry leaves and red chilly.
- Mix it with the ammini kozhukkattais.
Lovely, tasty, aromatic , spicy kozhukkattais ready.