Please find me on facebook

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Beetroot kesari


August is here, so all the festivals would be around soon. Aadi masam has started, Aadi pathinettu was celebrated last Tuesday  and Aadi pooram is tomorrow. Everybody will be confused as what sweet to make. It should be simple and easy and healthy as well.

My kiddo requested for kesari and I wanted to avoid adding Colour. I have made quiet a few combos of kesaris. When I opened the fridge I found beetroot, then thought why not add these to the kesari? 
Kesari was too yummy , tasty and colourful 

Try this for any one day for neivedhyam.hope you all like it.


Ingredients :

  • Ghee - 1/2 cup
  • White Rava - 1 cup
  • Sugar - 3/4 -1cup
  • Water - 3 cups
  • Beetroot - half puréed
  • Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
  • Nuts - optional ( I have just garnished with roasted almonds)


Method:

 
  • Heat a pan, Dry Roast the Rava and keep it aside.
  • In the same pan, add the beetroot purée and the required water for the kesari.
  • Add sugar. Mix well. Close it with lid and allow the beetroot purée to be boiled and cooked well( raw flavour should vanish).
  • Once the purée is boiled nicely. Add the rava. Allow the rava to boil. Close the lid.
  • After the rava is cooked well ,add Ghee  and cardamom powder. Cook till ghee comes out.
  • Add the nuts , if you are adding. I have garnished few almonds.
too.



Mouth melting soft kesari is ready to serve for God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...