Pori Urundai is very special for Karthigai Deepam. Missed my paati , while making this.
- Jaggery - 500 gms
- Till - little
- Dried Gingerpowder - 1 tsp
- Dried Coconut - 50 gms
- Cardamom -little
- Add Jaggery in water, allow it to melt. Strain the impure particles in it and add cardamom powder to it. Allow it to boil.
- Till it becomes as thick paagu(when its checked it should stand in water without dissolving ,next to adirsam padham)
- In another vessel, add pori , Ginger powder.
- Mix the paagu with this pori and mix it well. apply ghee in both hands and make balls.
- If you have any moulds like paruppu thenga, you can use that as well.
- Tasty pori urundai ready.