Please find me on facebook

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Idly / Dosa Batter using mixer



Grinding Dosa or idly batter in grinder will get soft and fluffy idlies. After coming here to Singapore, I do not own a grinder. I jus manage in grinding in mixie. For 2 or 3 times when i ground the batter, the idlies were not soft. My MIL used to soak rice and urad dal for appam in refrigerator.Then this idea clicked me. I tried soaking in same format and grinding the batter. Its working fine and I get soft fluffy idlies and crispy dosas.



Ingredients:

  • Idly rice - 3 cups
  • Urad dal - 1 cup
  • Fenugreek seeds - 1 tsp
  • Salt
  • Water



Method:

  • Soak rice separately for 7-8 hrs and keep in fridge and soak. Soak urad dal and fenugreek seeds separately for 1 hr in fridge.
  • Grind the rice into fine paste.
  • Grind the Urad dal separately til it turns white and it leaves bubbles.
  • Grind them separately and mix them with salt.
  • Leave it overnight to ferment.


  • Steam soft idlies the next day .







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...