Today I am writing on a healthy tiffin variety. It can be had for breakfast and dinner. Dosa is most of our favorite tiffin. Here is the ragi version of dosa, very tasty and lip smacking one. A very easy procedure, whenever you run out of odly dosa batter, this will be handy,
- Ragi flour - 2 cups
- Urad dal - 1 cup soaked
- Onions and chillies optional. It gives a aromatic taste to this dosa when mixed with batter and made.
- Soak urad dal for 1 hour, like we soak for idly batter.
- Grind it in the same consistency ,we grind for idly batter.Transfer the ground urad flour to a vessel.
- Add the ragi flour, salt and mix well and keep it aside in the morning.
- It will be fermented before dinner time.( Add onions and chillies, if you are adding).
- Mix the batter a little thin for crispy and crunchy dosa.
- Heat the dosa tava, take the batter and put like regular dosas and add oil.
- Cook on both the sides.
Serve it with chutneys or thuvayals. I served it with coconut chutney and pudhina thuvayal.