Masala dosai is all time favorite for most of us. Most of us have had masala dosai in hotel in Tamil nadu. I was never fond of masala dosai to this extent. We stayed in Bangalore.Whenever my hubby wanted breakfast from hotel or Resto. He wanted masala dosai. Its called mysore masala dosai. One dosai is sufficient , our stomach would be full. They accompany masala dosai with chutney. They also apply spicy chutney in between the dosai.
Mysore masala dosai is definitely tasty than other masala dosais. I learnt to make their chutney. I also tried my hands on the dosas.
Dosa batter :
Ingredients for red chutney:
- Bengal gram - 1 tbsp
- Coconut - 4 small pieces
- Garlic - 3
- Red chillies - 3-4
- Heat a tsp of oil in a pan , roast bengal gram till it becomes brown.
- Add red chillies and fry for another 30 seconds.
- Fry garlic .Switch it off .
- Add cocout and salt and grind using water. Red chutney must be in thogayal cnsistency since we are going to apply on the dosa.
Mysore masala Dosa:
- Heat tava, add the dosa batter, add oil.
- Take the red chutney over the dosa and spread it.
- Add the potato masala in between. Flip the Dosa.
- Serve it along with chutney.