Happy weekend friends. All of you must be very busy preparing sweets and snacks at home this weekend. I made a fantastic tasty snack for all of you this Diwali. It's cashew pakoda. One of my hubby's fav in A2B shop. I thought , why I have not tried this to make these many years and we only bought it. So just went about making. The recipe is really simple. Do try out and send me the feedback.
- Cashew brown into half - 1 cup
- Besan flour- 1 cup
- Rice flour - 1 cup
- Mint leaves - one handful finely chopped
- Fennel seeds- 2 tspButter - 1 tbsp
- Baking soda - 1 tsp
- Green chilly - 2 chopped
- Water - little
- In a large vessel, add the melted butter and baking soda. Using your fingers, gently rub the mixture well for 5 mins.
- Add the besan flour and rice flour and mix gently , this gives nice pores and airy texture to the pakoda. Mix it for 2 mins.
- Add fennel seeds, mint leaves and green chilly and mix again .
- Finally add the broken cashews and salt. Mix nicely to the mixture to coat on the cahews nicely.
- Gently sprinkle water just to combine everything. Do not add more water and make it into a dough.
- Heat oil in a pan, once it is hot, take little by little and put in oil by pinching the dough into the hot oil.
- Deep fry on both the sides until golden brown.
Crispy and crunchy cashew pakoda are ready.you can store it in a box for up to 10 days.