Hello all, every year I try to innovate new sweets and savouries in my kitchen. Last year I made chocolate burfi which my family loved it. This year it's even more challenging and headbreaking to decide on a sweet to please fellows at home. Let me see, as am posting this have not got review from my family. I am posting right away after making it. So you are the one to see and review it first. This time tried the burfi with my kid's health drink ie. complan.
I shouldn't boast as such, it came out really well. We need not stand in the kitchen for a Long time. If the ingredients are ready, the sweet is ready in 15 mins. Do try out this for your Diwali and write to me.
- Milk powder - 1 cup
- Complan kesar badam - 1 cup
- Almond powder - few tsp for garnish
- Milk - 1/4 cup
- Condensed milk - 1/4 cup( adjust according to the sweetness as the complan powder contains sugar)
- Ghee - 2 tsp
- Saffron - few strands
- For almond powder, I ground fresh almonds in a mixer with skin into a semi coarse powder.
- In a pan, add the milk powder, complan powder and sauté for 2 mins.
- Add the condensed milk and keep stirring it. Check the sweetness when you pour the condensed milk. I used Low fat Milkmaid which was very sweet, so few spoons were sufficient.
- Mix nicely. Slightly sprinkle milk to mix the burfi into a dough. Add milk unless it is formed into a ball.
- Now remove the burfi dough from the stove.
- In a plate, add a tap of ghee and grease it. Add a tsp of ghee to you fingers and take the dough and spread it across the greased plate.
- Gently sprinkle the almond powder on TOP of the burfi plate and sprinkle the saffron strands as well.
- Wonderful complan burfi is ready. It's not only tasty but healthy as well.
Cut it into desired shapes and distribute. Quick sweet in 15 mins.