Please find me on facebook

Monday, October 16, 2017

Badusha/ Balushahi


Happy Diwali my dear friends. I wanted to make badusha for a very Long time. But today is the day, with all the enthusiasm I made it. When all others like jamun, ladoo ,etc, I love badusha from my childhood. Most memorable one. I was the one to grab badusha from the asssorted sweet box, there will be no demand for this humble sweet. So since my hubby and kid likes badusha as week, tried my hands on it. Yet to taste it , posting hot as soon as I made.




Ingredients:


  • Maida flour - 1 1/2 cup
  • Sugar - 1 tsp
  • Salt - 1/2 tsp
  • Baking powder - 1 tsp
  • Butter - 2 tbsp
  • Curd - 2 tbsp
  • Water - little
  • Oil
  • Sugar - 1 cup for syrup
  • Water - 1/2 cup
  • Saffron strands - few
  • Cardamom powder 1/2 tsp7
  • Lemon juice - 1 tsp

Method :

  • In a vessel, take the melted butter or ghee, add the sugar, salt and baking powder.
  • Mix nicely using your fingers until frothy.
  • Add the maida, curd and mix them until the grainy texture is formed.
  • Add water little by little and make it into a soft dough. It will have pores and coarse surface which will help the dough for forming layers.

  • Do not knead it to a tight dough. Let it rest for sometime.
  • For sugar syrup, add the sugar and water. Let it dissolve and stir the syrup up to a single line consistency.

  • Once it is ready, add the lemon juice, saffron and cardamom powder. Mix it.
  • For making badusha, heat oil in pan.
  • Meanwhile knead the dough a little bit and now take small balls out of it and make roundels.

  • Give it a small press and put a small hole in between.
  • Repeat the process for the rest. 
  • Now fry these badushas in hot oil in medium flame. Dip in the sugar syrup for 10 mins.




Yummilicious sweet ready for Diwali.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...