Just 2 more days for Diwali and the preparations are gong Superfast in all the houses. Here I am sharing a simple recipe thattai using maida. Yesterday my kiddo went to a shop and took a big box of thattai and screaming that she needs it. I said I shall make it for you at home and Tada it's ready today. Hope it's a big surprise for her after coming from school. Hope she likes it and says yum Amma as usual.
- Maida - 1 cup
- Rice flour - 1/2 cup
- Bengal gram - 2 tbsp soaked
- Butter -2 tbsp
- Chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida - 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves -1 sprig
- White Sesame seeds - 1 tbsp
- In a vessel, add all the ingredients mentioned above.
- Knead the dough into a soft batter.
- Take the dough and divide into balls. Roll it using a rolling pin and using a round cutter, cut it into small thattais.
- Prepare all the roundels by rolling it.
- Heat oil in a pan, now slowly dip the roundels and deep fry them until golden brown.
Now crispy , tasty thattais ready for Diwali.