Please find me on facebook

Monday, January 22, 2018

Rose cookies / Achu murukku

Hi all, hope you all had a wonderful pongal celebration. Mine is fantastic. Enjoyed making pongal in pot. Coming to today's post, its rose cookies commonly known as achu murukku. It is made using rice flour or maida. It can be made with or without eggs. Its one of favorite snack from childhood. My hubby and kid also like this achu murukku. So  for quite a long time , I wanted to try it out. I didnt have the achu with me. This december when i went to in laws place, my mil gave me her achu for me to make. I took it off along with me and came. So now its mommy and kiddos time to try the achu murukku. As my kid mixed the batter for me. I fried them all. It was quick and really really very crispy and can be stored for days.
Ingredients:  
  • Rice flour - 1/2 cup
  • Egg -1
  • Coconut milk - 1/2 cup
  • Sugar - 4-5 tbsp
  • Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
  • Oil
  Method:  
  • In a small narrow vessel, beat the eggs and sugar together. Beat until the sugar dissolves.
  • Add cardamom powder and coconut milk and whisk it even more.
  • Add the rice flour little by little and make it into batter slightly watery than the dosa batter.
  • Heat oil in a pan, put the achu in hot oil. 
  • Once its ready, take the achu and dip in the batter and place it on the oil. Gently move the achu inside the oil. The achu murukku will fall from it and get fried with the shape.
  • Gently flip over and take it from the oil. Strain the excess oil and store it in a container.
P
Crispy rose cookies ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...