Todays special and simple recipe is green chutney for sandwich. We all love sandwich and toast in sandwich shops because of their unique taste of their chutney. One of my favorite sandwich shop is alsmall sandwich shop in egmore near my college. They used to put stall in my college and we used to buy omlette with bread from them. The beauty and the taste lies in their chutney. Bombay sandwiches are loaded with these chutney in their roadside street food shops. With just 5 ingredients we will make this yummy chutney at home and preserve in refrigerator.
- Coriander leaves - one handful
- Mint leaves - one handful
- Green chilly -2 ( very spicy)
- Peanuts - 5-6
- Lemon juice - 1/2 lemon
- In a mixer , add the washed coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chillies, peanuts, lemon juice and salt.
- Give it a pulse. Open it and add water.
- Grind them into a smooth paste. Peanuts help to blend nicely into a paste.
- Take the chutney in a box and refrigerate it.
- When making sanwiches, take a spoon of green chutney and apply on the bread and make your own variation of sandwiches and toasts.
Enjoy this chutney by adding it for chats as well. Its a versatile chutney.