Please find me on facebook

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Sooji dhokla

Dhokla is a vegetarian food item that originates from the Indian state of Gujarat. It is made with a fermented batterderived from rice and split chickpeas.[1] Dhokla can be eaten for breakfast, as a main course, as a side dish, or as a snack. Dhokla is very similar to Khaman, and the terms are frequently used interchangeably. Khaman is a similar gram flour-based food. Whereas dhokla is made with rice and chickpeas, khaman is made from chickpeas only. It is generally lighter in color and softer than dhokla, to make dhokla small proportion of baking soda is added while in khaman more baking soda is added to make it more fluffy spongy and porous.
  We love dhokla, we have this when we got to pune. I have tried this kaman dhokla for quite a fe times, it was a big failure. One of my friends here in singapore who is from Mumbai, treated me with dhokla in her house. But this dhokla was made in sooji. It was so soft and yummy. I couldnt resist myself in trying my hubby and some of my relatives. She told me the recipe and the nuances. thanks my dear friend Sweta.
 Here is the recipe for Sooji Dhokla :



Ingredients :
  • sooji - 1 1/2 cups
  • Sour curd - 1 cup
  • Lemon juice -1
  • Salt
  • Water
  • Eno fruit salt - 11/2 tsp
  • Oil
  • Mustard seeds -1tsp
  • Green chilly -2
  • Coriander leaves
  • Hing
k

Method :
  • In a bowl, mix sooji, sour curd, salt and lemon juice.
  • Mix the batter well. Add water to alter the consistency.
  • The batter must be thick and not very runny.
  • Finally add fruit salt, and give it a nice stir. The batter becomes frothy and fluffy.
  • Grease the vessel in which you are steaming.
  • Add the batter and steam it like idly for 7-10 mins.
  • Remove from steam and add the tempering.
  • Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds, green chillies and hing.
  • Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.

Tasty soft dhoklas served with mint chutney.

3 comments:

  1. WOW! It looks yummy and healthy as well! My son is fond of dhokla so I am going to make this by today. Thank you so much for sharing such a healthy recipe with us. If you want to add more healthy recipe to your list just go with sweet creamy coleslaw recipe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much. I agree with your article, this really helped me. I appreciate your help.
    Order paneer paratha online

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...