Happy mothers day to all my friends/ readers. Hope you all had a fantastic weekend. I had a good weekend. I made this coconut milk rice and mutton ribs curry was an ultimate combination. My husband loves this mutton green curry, so it was a surprise for him. He thouroughly enjoyed. I wanted to make some different rice for the gravy, so thought of trying this thengaipaal sadham. OMG , how flavorful it was. I usually make saffron rice for kurmas. The added flavor of coconut milk, ghee and saffron made it so rich and aromatic. For vegetarians,the combo that suits well is paneer butter masala or mixed vegetables or kadai paneer. Try this mouthwatering recipe and give your feedback.
Yummy coconut milk rice is ready to serve with mutton ribs curry.
- Basmathi rice - 2 cups
- Coconut milk - 3 cups
- Water - 1 cup
- Ghee - 2 tsp
- Cloves -2
- Cardamom pods - 4
- Bay leaf - 2
- Cinnamon stick - 2”
- Coriander leaves - little
- Mint leaves - little
- Saffron 1 pinch
- Warm milk - 2 tsp
- Cashews - few
- Soak saffron in milk and keep aside.
- In a pan, add 2 tsps of ghee, add the bay leaf, cardamom, cinnamon and cloves. Saute it.
- Add the cashews and fry them. Add little mint leaves and coriander leaves and saute for a minute.
- Add the washed basmathi rice and fry for a min.
- Add the coconut milk and water. Stir well
- Add salt and mix.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook until the rice is done.
- Open the lid, add chopped mint leaves, coriander leaves and the saffron milk.
- Close the lid for 5 mins on stay on dhum.
- Open the lid and give it a good stir.