Welcome back to jiyas delicacy blogging, today I am going to share a recipe with the boring idly. Once upon a time, I used to have this kaima idly in chennai frequently, one of my favourite dishes. Whenever I go to restaurant I buy kaima idly or chilly parotta. This recipe is healthy as well as tasty. Usually the idly is deep fried, but I have just toasted it.
- Idly - 10
- Onions-2 finely chopped
- Tomato- 4 finely chopped
- Capsicum - 1 finely chopped
- Green peas - 1 cup
- Chilly powder -1 tsp
- Kashmiri chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Biryani masala - 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves
- Green chilly - 2 slitted
- Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Take the idlies and refrigerate for sometime, then take it and cut them into small cubes.
- In a dosa tava, place the cubes and toast them by adding few spoons of oil.
- Take them in a bowl and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add fennel seeds, curry leaves, green chilly and fry them.
- Add the onions and fry them nicely.
- Add ginger garlic paste and sauté until the raw smell vanishes.
- Add the tomatoes and salt.
- Close and cook until the tomatoes become mushy.
- Now add the capsicum and peas. Add the spice powders and allow it to cook.
- Close and cook until the masala is cooked well .
- Open and stir the masala, add little bit water to it. Let it boil a bit.
- Now add the toasted idlies and give a good stir.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.