Mutton chops is a super side dish for ragi balls and even for rice. it's made of fresh ground masala which gives the unique aroma to the dish. Chops is cut from the ribs of the mutton. I learnt this yummy recipe from my mother in law. It tastes great..
- Mutton chops - 500 gms
- Ginger garlic paste -1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Onions shallots - 10-15
- Tomato -2
- Coriander leaves -1bunch
- Green chillies -7
- Garlic cloves -6
- Ginger -1"
- Pepper corns -1tsp
- Coriander powder -2tsps
- Coconut -1/4Th
- Cinnamon -2pieces
- Initially boil the mutton chops with turmeric powder and ginger garlic paste. Cook for about 5-6 whistles in the cooker.
- Grind the to grind ingredients into a fine paste using water.
- Heat a pan, add oil and add the ground paste.
- Fry it till the masala is fried well, raw smell vanishes. It should have become little dry .
- When the masala is well cooked, add the boiled chops, salt Nd required water for the gravy.
- Close the pan and cook until the masala and chops blend well into a gravy.
Serve it hot with ragi balls or with steamed rice....