- Moong dal - 1cup
- Ghee - 1/4 cup
- Cardamom powder- 1 tsp
- Yellow food color - required
- Milk- 1/4 cup
- Wash and cook moong dal with water in pressure cooker for 7 whistles, until it becomes like paste.
- Heat a pan, add sugar and water 1/2 cup and allow it to dissolve and it becomes little sticky.
- Take the cooked dal and mix it well. If it is not boiled well. Grind them into a paste in mixer.
- Heat another pan, add few tsps of ghee, add the moong dal paste and fry till the moong dal absorbs the ghee.
- Now ad the milk and allow it to boil till no lumps are formed.
- Add sugar syrup little by little and stir continuously. Check that there are no lumps.
- Add the food color and stir well.
- Stir occasionally till the paste becomes thick.
- Add ghee little and stir well.
- When all the excess milk and water is absorbed and it came to the halwa consistency, pour the remaining ghee and mix .
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
Yummilicious halwa is ready to dig...