Kaju katli is one of the favourite sweets liked by many people. But I am a big time hater of this sweet. I do not like any nuts so I hate sweets made of nuts. But my hubby and kid loves this sweet. So as a surprise wanted to make this sweet for my kids birthday. She liked it a lot. It vanished in no time.
Let me share the easy recipe of it. All of you can try these cashew barfi a for Diwali.
- Cashew - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Ghee for greasing
- Measure the cashews for a full cup . Take the measured cashews and grind it in a mixer into a fine
- Make sure that the cashew is in room temperature before powdering it.
- Take a non stick pan, add the sugar and water and keep stirring it.
- The consistency of the sugar syrup must be one string consistency.nicely stir the sugar syrup till you achieve the single thread consistency. When you touch in your hand, it should form a single thread between you two fingers.
- Add the cashew powder and keep on stirring it until it becomes thick and it will form like a dough.
- Take it in a fresh counter, and rest it for sometime.
- Knead the dough nicely and grease the rolling pin with ghee no roll the cashew dough into flat barfi tray.
Cut them using knife into desired shapes or even the preferred rhombus shaped kaju Katli.
Melting katli a are ready to be distributed!