Hi all, I hope Thia chutney will be loved by all. However we make chutney, we love hotel chutney. So I have combining a lot of recipes to derive at a simple hotel style chutney for idly and dosa. This chutney is so refreshing with soft idlies. The consistency can be thick or thin however you want it to be. Enjoy this yummy chutney.
- Mint leaves - 1 cup
- Coriander leaves - 1/2 cup
- Channa dal - 2 tsp
- Urad dal - 2 tsp
- Green chilly -1
- Red chilly -2-3
- Tamarind - one small gooseberry size
- Coconut grated -1/4 cup
For tempering :
- Curry leaves
- Mustard seeds
- Urad dal
- Heat a pan, add a tsp of oil fry the channa dal and urad dal until golden brown.
- Along with it , add the red chilly and green chilly and fry for a min. Add the tamarind piece and stir for sometime. Remove them from the pan.
- In the same pan, add a tsp of oil, add the mint leaves and coriander leaves and sauté them well.stir it unless the leaves are roasted well.
- Transfer it into a mixer, allow it to come to room temperature.
- Add the salt and grated coconut to it. Grind it into a smooth chutney by adding water.
- Finally temper it with mustard seeds, asafoetida, urad dal and curry leaves.
Relish it with dosa and idly.