- Drumstick - 1
- Moong dal - one handful
- Tomato - half
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Peppercorns - 1 tsp
- Red chillies - 2
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Coconut grated - one handful
- Turmeric powder
- Mustard seeds
- Red chilly
- Urad dal
- Curry leaves
- In a vessel, add the washed moong dal with little water, cut drumstick, turmeric powder and chopped tomato.
- Pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Heat a tsp of oil and roast urad dal, pepper and red chilly.Allow it to cool . Grind along with raw cumin seeds and coconut into a wet paste.
- Now remove the moong dal mixture from cooker and add salt to it.
- Give it a boil. Add the ground paste to it.
- Allow it to boil for 3-4 mins.
- Temper the above ingredients and mix well.
Perfect combo for steamed rice.
Linking to First anniversary
Linking this to:Dish Name Starts with M @ Learning to Cook