Please find me on facebook

Friday, December 6, 2013

Nandos Chicken with Peri Peri - My style

Nandos itself has become a real enjoyment. whenever we hear the word Nandos, a big mouth full of tooth everywhere. We are a big fan of Nandos Chicken. We have tried quite a few dishes there. Whenever we order, we go for a full platter which contains whole chicken and four sides. We opt for potato wedges ( again a big fan of wedges) , fries for my kiddo, mediteranean rice and garlic bread Of course. 



We have partied there quite a couple of times. I go for mild hot and my hubby with extra hot. I actually love their garlic and lemon n herbs sauces. The best part of Nandos is they make available with Peri peri sauces for the customers to buy. We went to a similar restaurant that serves same kind of grilled chicken with Peri peri, but they do not give sachets when we take away from them. 

Coming to the recipe: I exactly do not know how they prepare, I did not browse though. This Nandos Chicken is of my style.

Ingredients:


  • Chicken thighs or Chicken pieces - 500 gms
  • Lemon - 1
  • Pepper powder - 2 tsp
  • Nandos Peri peri sauce Hot - required
  • Oil





Method:


  • Wash and beat the chicken pieces nicely.I also pierced the thigh pieces with fork.
  • Squeeze on the lemon on the chicken,add the pepper powder on it. Marinate and keep it for 30 hr.
  • After half an hr, add the Peri peri sauce on the chicken generously (the chicken should be nicely soaked in the sauce for about 24 hrs.
  • Heat a Tava, I used tava, add little oil and place the chicken pieces and allow it to boil and get fried.(Close with the lid, after placing the chicken on the tava, since the sauce is liquid, the oil starts to splash everywhere on the gas and also on us. Happened to me when I made it for the first time. Second time , I made it closed).
  • Turn the sides and fry it in medium flame for 10 minutes.
  • If you are grilling on oven, Preheat oven on 180 C , place the pieces on the tray and keep it for 20 mins.
  • When you turn the pieces to fry the other side , reduce the temperaure to 120 and keep for 15 mins.



Serve the yummy delectable Peri Peri Chicken with Peri peri sauce.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks For sharing I really love your Post. When it comes to finding Fast casual food pickup points in Long Island City look no further than Peri-Peri GUYS LIC. We use spicy sauce to marinate chicken to make it delicious and add flavor to your meal.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...