A mousse is a prepared food that incorporates air bubbles to give it a light and airy texture. It can range from light and fluffy to creamy and thick, depending on preparation techniques. A mousse may be sweet or savory. Dessert mousses are typically made with whipped egg whites or whipped cream, and generally flavored with chocolate or puréed fruit. For savory mousse, hard boiled egg, fish orliver may be used, says Wiki.
Mousse is a very easy fluffy dessert to mKe. It's indeed very light and appetizing to have anytime of the meal. Easy dessert to serve for the guests. preparation time is less compared to many other desserts. I tried vanila mousse for the first time. Since I do not like chocolate I didn't make chocolate vanila mousse. Try this simple and yummy mousse.
- Milk - 500 ml
Vanila extract -2tsp or according to the requirement
Gelatin powder ( without any flavor) - 5 tsp
- Boil the milk in a vessel and chill it.
- Add sugar and vanila extract to the chilled milk. Beat the mixture with the whipping blender. If not beat with the egg beater for about 15 minutes. Till the mixture becomes fluffy and foamy.
- Meanwhile boil a vessel with water, in a small cup add the gelatin powder and mix it with water. Stir nicely. Place the small cup on the boiling water and allow the gelatin to melt properly through double boiling.
- Add the melted gelatin liquid to the milk and whip for about 5 mins.
- Pour in the small dessert glass for it to set.
- Refrigerate it for min 1hr.
Served it with chocolate shavings on top. You can also add nuts and fruits on it. Tasty , foamy mousse to relish..