A very tasty and healthy side dish for chapathi/rotis/ naans.. Since I wanted to introduce brocoli to my family, i wanted to try a different one and the taste does not spoil. Broccoli do have a peculiar taste. A must try side dish, I adapted a recipe from Sonys kitchen. Thanks for her recipe. Loved it.
Ingredients for the kofta balls:
- Broccoli florets -1 cup
- Carrot - 1
- Potatoes - 1
- Ginger garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala- 1/2 tsp
- Corn flour - according to the binding
Ingredient for the gravy :
- Onion - 2
- Tomato - 1
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Garlic ginger paste - 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala - 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder -1 tsp
- Coriander leaves - garnishing
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Wash the broccoli florets and dry it nicely. Grind it coarsely along with grated carrot.
- Heat a pan and fry the ground broccoli and keep it aside.
- Boil the potatoes and smash it nicely. Add the broccoli carrot mixture and all the kofta balls ingredients together and knead it into a soft dough.
- Make small balls out of it. Heat oil in a pan, shallow fry the balls and keep it aside.
- Grind onions, ginger garlic paste, tomato,chilly powder and turmeric powder.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds.
- Add the ground paste and salt and fry it till oil separates.
- Finally add the required water and milk and allow it to boil.
- Lastly, add the fried koftas and cook it for 2 mins.
Finally garnish it with coriander leaves and cream.