This rice variety is a good one pot , healthy meal. It is perfect for lunch boxes. I tried this recipe from my blogger friend Jeyashri Suresh From Jeyashri Kitchen. It tasted yummy. It can be accompanied with chips and raitha. A very simple and easy recipe to follow.
- Palak| Spinach - 1 cup
- Basmati rice - 1 and 1/2 cup
- Coriander leaves - one handful
- Green chili 1-2
- Potato -1 boiled and chopped into cubes
- Green Peas = 1/4 cup boiled
- Onion - 1 chopped into julinnes
- Garlic - 2 pods
- Coconut - 1 tblsp (optional)
- Bay leaf - 1
- Wash the Basmati rice and soak it with 3 cups of water for 30 mins.
- Heat a tsp of oil, saute the palak, coriander leaves, garlic pods and green chilly.
- Grind it into a fine paste along with coconut.
- Heat pressure cooker, add oil, temper bay leaf , add onions and saute well.
- Add the ground palak and saute for few mins , add potatoes and boiled peas.
- Saute for 2 mins. Add the soaked rice and required amount of salt.
- Cook it for about three whistles.
Yummy lunchbox dish! Serve with raitha and chips.