- Basmathi Rice - 2 cups
- Cloves - 2
- Bay leaf - 1
- Cinnamon - 1
- Water - 4 cups
- Salt - 1/2 the quantity required for the rice alone
- Wash rice and soak i 4 cups of water for 1o mins.
- Add the spices and cook the rice for 3 whistles.
- Chicken - 200 gms
- Prawns - 100 gms
- Cloves - 3-4
- Cinnamon - 2
- Cardamom - 2-3
- Bay leaf - 2
- Green chilly - 2
- Onions - 2
- Tomatoes - 2
- Chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander powder - 2 tsp
- Salt - only for the gravy
- Curd - 1/2 cup
- Water - little
- Ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
- Coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed vessel. Add all the spices one by one.
- Add green chilly and onions. Fry them well.
- Add ginger garlic paste.Cook till raw smell disappears.
- Add tomatoes.cook well.
- Add Chilly powder, coriander powder and salt.
- Add chicken first and pour little water.Add curd and allow the chicken to boil.
- Add prawns after sometime and cook for sometime.
- Finally add the cooked rice. Garnish with coriander leaves and keep it closed for sometime.
Mix well - Wonderful Biryani is ready.
Linking to Master Chef Contest.
Linking to First anniversary