After all the waiting, I am glad to participate in June month's challenge. This months challenge is Chettinad pakoda kuzhambu and chanar Jalebi. Divya's North- south challenge is going great. Congratulations Divya. Thanks Chandrani from cuisine delights for this yummy sweet or dessert for this month's challenge. We thoroughly enjoyed the sweet.
For the sweet:
- Milk - 1 liter
- Lemon Juice - from half fruit
- Maida - 1 tea spoon
- Baking Powder - 1/2 tea spoon
- Cardamom Powder - 1/4 tea spoon
For the sugar syrup:
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
- Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Oil - for deep frying
- Meanwhile, in a pan, make the sugar syrup. Make sure the sugar dissolves completely and allow it to boil, till it becomes sticky.
- In a bowl, add paneer, cardamom powder, baking powder,maida and the dry paneer and knead well into a soft dough.
- Take small balls from the dough and roll it in the shape of jalebi. As shown below in the pic.
Heat oil in a pan, deep fry all the shaped jalebis in medium hot oil.
Immediately put all the jalebis in the sugar syrup. While you drop the jalebis , the syrup should be warm.
Keep it in syrup for hours for the jalebis to absorb sweetness.
Garnish with chopped pistachios. Serve it hot or cold.
Thanks for this wonderful dish! Linking this to Chandrani's page on this challenge...