- Mutton - 500 gms
- Cinnamon stick - 2"
- Cardamom - 3
- Bay leaf - 1
- Poppy seeds - 1 tbsp
- Grated fresh coconut - 1/2 cup
- Onions finely chopped -1
- Tomato - 1 chopped
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 1/2 tsp
- Green chillies slit length wise - 3
- Red Chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander powder - 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
- Yoghurt (curd) - 3 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves
- Clean mutton and add the curd,red chilli powder,coriander powder,cumin powder,ginger garlic paste and green chillies to it.Keep aside the marinated mutton for an hour.
- Soak poppy seeds in a little warm water for 10 mins and grind both poppy seeds and grated coconut to a fine paste. Keep aside.
- Heat both oil and ghee in a heavy bottomed iron vessel and add whole spices and bay leaf and fry them.
- Add the chopped onions and fry till transparent.Add the chopped tomatoes and fry for 4- 5 minutes.
- Now add the marinated mutton and fry over medium heat with lid till the water from the meat and yogurt is absorbed.Check in between and stir.
- Now add the poppy seeds-coconut paste and salt to the mutton and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 3 mins.Add 2-3 cups of water and cook with lid till the mutton is tender and the gravy thickens.Adjust salt and add garam masala pwd and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- (You can even pressure cook the mutton for 10 minutes or till mutton is tender).
Linking to First anniversary
Feast of sacrifice By Asiya