My Grandma's recipe.......
- Tamarind - 1 lemon size
- Fresh Curry leaves - one handful
- Coriander seeds - 3 tbsp
- Pepper - 3 tbsp
- Red chilly - 4-5
- Hing - small piece
- Toor dal - 2 tbsp
- Oil - little
- Heat little oil in a pan, fry Hing.
- Add coriander seeds , pepper, toor dal. Fry them.
- Add red chilly and roast as well.
- Add tamarind without seed, turmeric powder and salt. Fry them.
- Add curry leaves and fry them till color changes.
- Allow it to cool and grind them coarsely.
- Store it in a container and refrigerate it.
To make into a kuzhambu:
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Milagu kuzhambu podi - 3 tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan, Add the cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
- Mix the milagu kuzhambu podi in water and add to the oil.
- Allow it to boil till oil rises.
Linking to First anniversary