Janmashtami / Gokulastami is round the corner..... Happy preparing snacks for lord Krishna and seek his blessings.....
- Rice flour - 2 cups
- Urad flour - 1/2 cup (dry roasted and powdered)
- Jaggery (Pagu Vellam) - 1 cup (grated)
- Cardamom powder - little
- Coconut grated
- First dry roast rice flour into brownish colour.Dry roast urad dal flour.
- Take jaggery and add it to water. Allow it to dissolve. Drain the impure particles.
- Allow this jaggery mixture to boil and make it into paagu.The correct consistency when it does not dissolve in water.
- Mix the fried rice flour in the paagu.Stir well.
- Add cardamom powder, coconut and urad dal powder.
- Knead the flour nicely.
- Heat oil in a pan, take small balls and make into desired shapes to make seedai.