Rasagulla is a very popular cheese-based, syrupy sweet dish originally from the Indian state of Orissa .
It is popular throughout India and other parts of South Asia.
The dish is made from ball shaped dumplings of chhena (an Indian cottage cheese) and semolina dough, cooked in light syrup made of sugar.
This is done until the syrup permeates the dumplings.
Source : wiki
- Milk - half litre
- Lemon - one full
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Water - 3 cups
- Cardamom pods - 3
- Boil milk in a vessel. Keep it in simmer and add lemon juice to the milk.
- Slowly the milk is separated into water and cheese. The texture of the milk is like the below picture.
- Switch off and drain it in a strainer , add cold water to it. Transfer it to a cloth and hang it for an hour.
- After an hour, pat the cloth gently to remove the exess water and it rolls into a small dough.
- Gently rub the dough, take small balls of it in the hand and gently roll it and keep aside.
- I used a electric cooker, You can also use pressure pan. Add one cup sugar and water into it. allow it to boil until the sugar dissolves. add cardamom pods into it.
- Add the rolled balls into it. Close and cook for 5-7 mins. when the balls are double the size, It is done.
- Now its done. It has increased in its size.
Linking to Christmas event by Priya and Divya !!!
Give Me Some Snacks by Pari
Linking to Hubby's Delight