Cabbage usili is a yummy stir fry. I love this dish. Its my mom's recipe.
- Cabbage - 200 gms
- Onion - 1 chopped
- Toor dal - 1/2 cup
- Gram dal - 1/4 cup
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Red chilly - 3-4
- Curry leaves
- Mustard seeds
- Urad dal
- Chop the cabbage into small pieces. Heat water in a vessel , add the turmeric powder and chopped cabbage to it. Drain the cabbage and keep aside.
- Wash and soak toor dal and gram dal.
- Grind it coarsely with red chillies.
- Heat oil in a pan, temper mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves.
- add the chopped onions, fry the well.
- Add the ground dal mixture and salt. Allow it to cook. Stir occasionally.
- When it is done, add the cabbage to it , add salt required for cabbage and stir well.
- Cook for 5 mins.
Wonderful usili ready !
Linking to Hubby's Delight