Please find me on facebook

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Karthigai deepam @ my home..

Hi Friends,

Wishing all a very happy Karthigai Deepam...  My celebrations went on well. I made pori urundai, pidi kozhukkattai and mavilakku. 

Decorated my house with lamps, I put a colourful rangoli after a long time. In my childhood, i used to put kolam after sprinkling with cowdung water. How beautiful it would be... Missed that a lot !!



My kiddo was really happy and enthusiastic over the celebrations. She wore pavadai and she bursted sparklers. Enjoyed... 

Here is the visual treat: 

Rangoli before keeping Deepams :





Rangoli after keeping lamps :




Snacks here : 

Pori Urundai


 Pidi kozhukkattai:


Mavilakku:
 

Tired of making vadas on occasions, so made bajjis :
 

Hope You all liked it !

4 comments:

  1. wow lovely kolam :) and lights... i hope u enjoyed your day with those yummy dishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic, thanks for this beautiful virtual treat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. visual treat indeed. Good to know so much about Karthigai Deepam.

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...