Please find me on facebook

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Karthigai deepam @ my home..

Hi Friends,

Wishing all a very happy Karthigai Deepam...  My celebrations went on well. I made pori urundai, pidi kozhukkattai and mavilakku. 

Decorated my house with lamps, I put a colourful rangoli after a long time. In my childhood, i used to put kolam after sprinkling with cowdung water. How beautiful it would be... Missed that a lot !!



My kiddo was really happy and enthusiastic over the celebrations. She wore pavadai and she bursted sparklers. Enjoyed... 

Here is the visual treat: 

Rangoli before keeping Deepams :





Rangoli after keeping lamps :




Snacks here : 

Pori Urundai


 Pidi kozhukkattai:


Mavilakku:
 

Tired of making vadas on occasions, so made bajjis :
 

Hope You all liked it !

4 comments:

  1. wow lovely kolam :) and lights... i hope u enjoyed your day with those yummy dishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic, thanks for this beautiful virtual treat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. visual treat indeed. Good to know so much about Karthigai Deepam.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...