- Rice - 1 cup
- Jaggery 2 cups
- Water - 3 cups
- Coconut - one handful grated
- Cardamom powder
- Heat a pan, dry roast the rice. Allow it to cool down. Grind into medium size rava.
- Sieve it if necessary.
- Dissolve the jaggery in water. Strain it to remove the dust particles.
- In a cooker , add the jaggery water. Allow it to boil once.
- Add the broken rice, little coconut. Cook it for 3-4 whistles.
- In a pan, heat ghee, add broken cashews and the remaining coconut.Fry them and add tot the cooked kali.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
Mouth watering thiruvadhirai Kali is now ready. Serve with thiruvadhirai kuzhambu.