- 1/2 cup raw rice
- 1/2 cup toor dal
- 1/2 cup channa dal
- 1/2 cup urad dal
- 3 tsp moong dal
- 4 red chillies
- 2 green chillies
- 3 tsp grated coconut
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 4 tsp chopped coriander leaves
- oil for deep frying
- 2 tsp Ginger grated
- Soak raw rice, toor dal and channa dal, both the chillies together for 4 hours.
- Drain, grind them together to a coarse batter like adai, without adding water. Soak urad dal separately for 4 hrs.
- Drain and grind urad dal to a smooth batter without adding water.
- Soak moongdal for
- Mix the two batters, moong dal (whole) , salt, hing.
- Add coconut pieces, coriander leaves to the batter.
- Add curry leaves, coriander leaves, grated coconut, ginger grated and salt.
- Take a small ball of the batter and flatten it in hot oil. Deep fry till golden brown on both sides.
Serve with sauce.