Gobhi paratha is a type of paratha that is stuffed with flavored cauliflower and vegetables. It is a bread with North Indian origin, and is predominantly popular in South Asia. - Wikipedia
Nutritional facts of Cauliflower:
- Packed with rich nutrients, cauliflower or cabbage flower is one of the commonly used flower-vegetable. The flower heads contain numerous health benefiting phtyo-nutrients such as indole-3-carbinol, sulforaphane etc., that help prevent prostate, ovarian and cervical cancers.
- Botanically, it is a member of the cruciferous or brassicaceae family. It has got a similar nutritional and phyto-chemistry profile with broccoli and cabbage.
- Like broccoli, cauliflower too is made up of tightly clustered florets that are begun to form but stopped at bud stage. This cool-season vegetable prefers fertile rich adequate moisture in the soil to flourish.
- To keep the flower heads creamy white, they should be protected from sunlight. This is done by tying the close-by leaves together over the heads when the heads are the size of a quarter. Over-maturity makes the heads get loose and grainy surfaced, and lose much of their flavor and tenderness.
- Wheat flour - 1 cup
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Cauliflower - 1 cup grated
- Green chilly- 2 chopped
- Coriander leaves - one handful chopped
- Cumin seeds - 2 tsp
- Knead the chapathi ingredients into a soft dough and keep it aside for 30 mins.
- Mix all the stuffing ingredients.
- Take small balls from the dough and slightly press it.
- As cauliflower leaves a lot of water. Squeeze the water away and take the stuffing separately.
- Add in the stuffing inside and close it like dumpling.Dust the stuffed balls and make chapathies. Do not spread it too much. As it would break up.
- Heat tava, make the chapathies using little oil.