This fish curry is my mother in law's recipe. She adds coconut to the curry.
Ramya's Innovative recipes 2013
- Vanjaram fish - 4 slices
- Tamarind - lemon size
- Onion shallots -10-12
- Tomato - 1 1/2
- Green chilly - 1
- Chilly powder- 1 tsp
- coriander powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds
- Fenugreek seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Coconut paste - 1/4 cup
- Heat oil in a pan, season mustard seeds , fenugreek seeds.
- Add curry leaves,green chilly.
- Saute onions and tomatoes. Add little salt.
- Add turmeric powder chilly powder and coriander powder. Mix well
- Add little water. Allow it to boil.
- Add tamarind extract and add water. Add the remaining salt.Let it boil for 10 mins.
- Add the fish and cook for few mins.
- Finally add the coconut paste and allow it to boil once.
Serve with hot steamed Rice and Fish fry!!
Linking to First anniversary