Super flavorful mutton kurma for rotis and rice.
- Mutton - 500 gms
- Cinnamon stick - 2"
- Cardamom - 3
- Bay leaf - 1
- Grated fresh coconut - 1/2 cup
- Onions finely chopped -1
- Tomato - 1 chopped
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 1/2 tsp
- Green chillies slit length wise - 3
- Red Chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander powder - 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
- Fresh Cream - 1 cup
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves
- Boil the mutton in pressure cooker with turmeric powder and little ginger garlic paste.
- Heat both oil and ghee in a heavy bottomed iron vessel and add whole spices and bay leaf and fry them.
- Add the chopped onions and fry till transparent.Add the ginger garlic paste, chopped tomatoes and fry for 4- 5 minutes.
- Now add all the powders and salt.
- Add the cooked mutton , fry over medium heat with lid till the water from the meat is released. Check in between and stir.
- Add the coconut paste to the mutton and mix well.
- Add the fresh cream at this stage.
- Cover and cook for 3 mins. Add 2-3 cups of water and cook with lid till the mutton is tender and the gravy thickens.Adjust salt and add garam masala pwd and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Serve hot with Rice/ Chapathi.
Linking to First anniversary