A sweet to celebrate our 1000 days of married life.... Very happy to try out a new sweet. For the first time tried making Jangiri.. I was not happy with the shape but convinced since it made my day special and made for first time. Here is the treat for my blogging friends..
- Urad dal - 1 cup
- Rice - 1/4 cup
- Orange food colour - 1 tsp
- Oil for frying
- Sugar - 1 1/2 cups
- Water - 2 cups
- Soak urad dal and rice together for one hour.
- Grind it by using little water. to the above consistency( refer to the picture ).
- Add colour to the flour while grinding itself.
- Then take a zip lock cover and at the bottom make a hole using a nail .
- Heat the nail before making a hole for a proper hole.
- Heat oil in a Kadai, squeeze the jangiri's in the shape.
- For Sugar syrup, Boil sugar and water to half thread consistency.
- Dip the fried Jangiris in sugar syrup and store it.
Enjoy the delicious Jangiri..