- Basmathi rice - 1 cup
- Cardamom - 3
- Cloves- 4
- Bay leaf - 2
- Water - 2 cups
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Saffron -1 tsp
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Orange food colour - 1 tsp
- Yello food colour - 1/2 tsp
- Soak saffron in lil warm milk.
- Wash and soak rice for 30 mins.
- In a pressure cooker, add oil and ghee .
- Temper Cardamom, bay leaf, cloves. Add rice, salt and water to it..
- Pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- After the rice is cooked. Add the saffron milk and sprinkle the orange food colour in ine side and yellow colour in the other side.
- Stir well.
Serve with Spicy curries. I served it with egg gravy.
Linking to First anniversary