- Chicken- Full chicken
- Onion - 2 finely chopped
- Tomato - 2 finely chopped
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Chill powder- 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder- 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Fennel seeds- 1/2 tsp
Roast and grind :
- Red Chillies- 4
- Coriander seeds-2 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon- 2 inch
- Cardamom- 2
- Peppercorns- 1 tsp
- Cloves- 5
- Grated coconut- 5 tbsp
- Curry leaves
- Wash the chicken
- Heat a tsp of oil in a Kadai , roast the red chillies, coriander seeds,cinnamon,cardamom, peppercorns, cloves, curry leaves and grated coconut.
- Allow it to cool and grind it into a smooth paste.
- Heat Oil in a pan. Add Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds and Fennel seeds. Once it splutters add Onion and fry till it becomes golden brown in color.
- Add tomatoes and fry till it becomes soft.
- Add Coriander powder, Turmeric powder, Chill powder and fry for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the finely ground paste and fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Finally add the Chicken, Salt and water.
- Cover and cook for about 20 minutes or till the chicken pieces are cooked.
Garnish with Curry leaves and Coriander leaves. Serve with rice or Roti.
Linking to First anniversary
Linking to Master Chef Contest.