This is my mom's recipe... It was really tasty. Perfect side dish for all rice varieties.
- Onion - 1 big cut lengthwise
- Brinjal 250 gms cut lengthwise
- Garlic - 1 full peeled
- tomato -1 chopped
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Sambar powder - 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds
- Ginger - 1"finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds . Add onion and garlic. Fry them till the onion becomes translucent and colour of the garlic changes.
- Add tomato and ginger.Cook till the tomatoes become mushy.Now add turmeric powder and sambar powder.Sprinkle little water and allow itto cook in simmer, till it beomes like a mixed gravy together.
Add brinjal and salt. Stir well. Sprinkle little more water for the brinjal to cook in low flame .Cover it and cook for sometime.
- When the brinjal is cooked, add some more oil and cook without lid in low flame. Add curry leaves at the end. When it beomes like thokku, its done.
You can add drumstick , if you wish to but it should be boiled with salt and turmeric. It should be added along with brinjal.
Mouthwatering brinjal fry.
Linking to 'only' Sidedishes
Linking to Nithu's event and Gayathri's Announcement page.
linking it to Foodomania’s Christmas Cook-Off Contest
Linking to Julie's " EP series "
Viya's " EP series - Garlic or Turmeric "
Linking to First anniversary